Dear Patients, Family & Friends,
We trust everyone continues to be healthy, hopeful & safe in these ongoing, challenging times.This update reflects changes for everyone on measures affecting dental offices in all of Ontario including Peel Region and the latest news respecting the most recent Ontario Provincial protocols.
As of Friday, August 25, 2023, the Ontario Governing College for Dentistry ( RCDSO ) continues to recommend that dental offices remain open for all appointments, including regular checkups, cleanings, regular & emergency care.
As a member of the health care community, all dental offices will continue to screen all clients as well as follow recommended masking guidelines.
Any significant changes to this status which would affect your future appointments will be notified.
We also encourage everyone to access any available aids in combatting any and all viruses which are still emerging.
We continue to follow all recommended safety precautions including high volume air filtration ( Surgically Clean Air™ ) & have added bactericidal/viricidal ‘fogging’ of our office for everyone’s safety. We continue to see a reduced number of patients over the day to minimize contact & keep us all protected.
We look forward to seeing you soon and ask you to continue to do everything possible to support your own health and wellbeing.
Drs. Seema Agarwal, Stan Tuck and team
For your protection, we have implemented the following protocols:
In light of COVID-19, we have made the following changes to our rigorous infection-control program:
- Medical-grade air: The air flowing into our office will pass through medical-grade HEPA/UV filters. Treatment rooms are equipped with powerful ventilation systems that exchange & filter the air every six-eight minutes.
- Pre-procedural COVID-19 testing: You may be asked to take a test for COVID-19 infection 4-7 days prior to any procedure which creates an aerosol. This will mitigate the risk of patients infecting one another.
- Hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) or other approved pre-procedural rinsing, a recommendation that has been found to kill coronavirus within thirty seconds.
- Appointment times: Your appointment will be scheduled to eliminate wait time and ensure that you are not in the office or reception area with another patient.
- Hygiene/maintenance appointments: Your hygiene appointment will not involve aerosol-producing ultrasonic cleaners or polishers. Further, we may not do an exam or films during your hygiene appointment, in order to give you more time with your hygienist and minimize the potential for cross-contamination.
- In addition to our usual thorough standard practices, we will enhance the disinfection of our office including the use of office fogging specific anti-bacterial, anti-viral products.
- Exam appointments: Your exams will be scheduled annually (or more frequently if you need or prefer) to allow thirty minutes of uninterrupted time with your doctor. By separating exams from hygiene visits, we can enhance the value of your appointment and minimize the possibility of cross-contamination.
- Remote payments and scheduling: Our office will call you to process payments and schedule appointments, in order to minimize your exposure to other patients.
Please note that we may need to change our protocols as COVID-19 becomes better understood.
While we miss the flexibility and casualness of the “good o’le days,” we are serious about keeping our office as safe as possible. We thank you in advance for your cooperation. If you have further concerns or wish to discuss your unique situation with Drs Agarwal or Tuck personally, please call to schedule a virtual consultation. We look forward to seeing you again and are grateful to be doing what we love most: caring for you!